“We believe a garden design should fulfil your needs, while also heightening your outside experience. A space you yearn to be in and a place which is uniquely yours”
Syen Palmer, Dip Hort (Garden Design) | BSc Psych
- For design to succeed it must adhere to the key principles of harmony, unity, balance, scale & proportion, mystery & interest, inclusion of focal points, and movement & rhythm.
- For example, trees and larger shrubs give structure, height and perspective, whilst the under planting gives shape, colour and texture, along with fragrance.
- It must be coherent, match your lifestyle and aspirations, and everyday use. It should be sensitive to its location and the dynamics of the space.
- Our designs balance style and function. Whether it’s an impressive space to entertain friends, a stunning and practical place for you and your family to enjoy, or a peaceful idaho for quiet contemplation, we specialise in garden design to help you discover the beauty of your garden.
- We offer a full design and build service, from concept to completion.
- We also offer one-off garden design consultations, which can be useful if you simply need some advice on how to improve or develop your garden.
- Our process is simple and effective and is applicable to any budget, brief and time frame.
Garden Design – The Process…
- This involves a visit to your garden to discuss your ideas, aspirations, requirements and preferences to establish your vision. This is free of charge. It’s an opportunity for us to provide feedback, and moot some some ideas and concepts. It’s where we build an initial rapport, and of course build excitement!
- We look at the space and discuss its potential and any limitations. We perform a preliminary site survey and ascertain an idea of budget.
- We then write up the design brief and produce a design quote. This is sent for your approval to proceed with the Site Survey and Presentation…
- When we have approval to proceed with the garden design, we start with a full survey of the garden.
- This includes taking photographs, measuring the site and plotting boundaries. Any changes of level, structures, trees and features you wish to retain are recorded.
- It also includes analysis of the soil and other physical factors and elements affecting the site.
- Based on the agreed brief and the site survey, presentation plans are drawn up with details of the hard landscaping, features and design elements to bring the overall design to life.
- The presentation gives us the opportunity to discuss the design and project in depth and to establish any changes.
- Depending on the scope and scale of the project this may also include:
- Concept Proposal – We can provide you with a few initial concept designs to discuss. This stage might be required if you are not entirely sure how your garden should look and feel.
- Detailing – Further drawings may be required detailing the construction of specific features and setting out further plans for the construction contractors.
- Planting plans – A detailed and scaled planting plan can be produced for the new areas to be planted and will show the placing and spacing of all plants. An accompanying plant list will include the unique botanical names, quantities, current & eventual sizes, as well as advice on care.
Once approved, a detailed estimate for the construction is produced for approval…
- Building the garden
- Our team of in-house personnel and partners will create your garden, from the hard landscaping through to the final planting.
- The designer will be present during the key stages and will oversee the build to ensure the design look and feel are adhered to. They will be directly involved in the sourcing and selecting the plants, laying the plants out on site and supervising and doing the planting.
- Project Management
- We will nominate a project manager to supervise the project throughout the build.
- They create and operate from a project plan to ensure the build goes smoothly, to time and budget.
- They will liaise with you, and the designer, through every phase of the project, and be a single point of contact for you.
- After Care
- We can provide an after-care package as required. This would involve looking after and maintaining your garden so that it continues to give you pleasure year after year.
- Click here for further information.
Examples of garden designs are not generally presented here for copyright reasons and are available to view on request. We’re listed part of just one to give you a taster – click here to view!
Photos of completed design/build projects can be found in our gallery.